These release notes support Cumulus RMP 3.4.0 and describe currently available features and known issues.
Stay up to Date
- Please sign in and click Follow above so you can receive a notification when we update these release notes.
- Subscribe to our product bulletin mailing list to receive important announcements and updates about issues that arise in our products.
- Subscribe to our security announcement mailing list to receive alerts whenever we update our software for security issues.
What's New in Cumulus RMP 3.4.0
- REST API to NCLU
- The default MAC ageing time has been set to 30 minutes and the default ARP base_reachable time has been set to 18 minutes
- See what's new and different with NCLU in this release
Installing Version 3.4.0
If you are upgrading from version 3.0.0 or later, use
apt-get to update the software.
Cumulus Networks recommends you use the
-E option with
sudo whenever you run any
apt-get command. This option preserves your environment variables — such as HTTP proxies — before you install new packages or upgrade your distribution.
- Reboot the switch.
New Install or Upgrading from Versions Older than 3.0.0
If you are upgrading from a version older than 3.0.0, or installing Cumulus RMP for the first time, download the Cumulus RMP 3.4.0 installer for Broadcom switches from the Cumulus Networks website, then use ONIE to perform a complete install, following the instructions in the user guide.
Note: This method is destructive; any configuration files on the switch will not be saved, so please copy them to a different server before upgrading via ONIE.
Important! After you install, run
apt-get update, then
apt-get upgrade on your switch to make sure you update Cumulus RMP to include any important or other package updates.
You can read the technical documentation here.
Issues Fixed in Cumulus RMP 3.4.0
The following is a list of issues fixed in Cumulus RMP 3.4.0 from earlier versions of Cumulus RMP.
Known Issues in Cumulus RMP 3.4.0
Issues are categorized for easy review. Some issues are fixed but will be available in a later release.