These release notes support Cumulus NetQ 1.3.0, and describe currently available features and known issues.
Stay up to Date
- Please sign in and click Follow above so you can receive a notification when we update these release notes.
- Subscribe to our product bulletin mailing list to receive important announcements and updates about issues that arise in our products.
- Subscribe to our security announcement mailing list to receive alerts whenever we update our software for security issues.
What's New in Cumulus NetQ 1.3.0
Cumulus NetQ 1.3.0 includes the following features:
- The ability to monitor Kubernetes container clusters
- A command line interface for configuring NetQ Notifier
- The ability to decommission NetQ Agents
Early Access Support
NetQ 1.3.0 also includes these early access features:
- NetQ Query Language: Search for even more NetQ data using the SQL-like NetQ Query Language (NetQL). Run your own custom analyses or simply extend NetQ functionality for your specific environment.
- Collecting interface statistics: NetQ provides the ability to collect counters for network interfaces.
Cumulus NetQ includes support for EVPN through the addition of
netq check evpn, and by enhancing existing commands to verify address families are configured correctly throughout the network fabric.
Caveats and Errata
- Cumulus NetQ EVPN support can only be used with Cumulus Linux 3.4 and later releases. This is because
netq show bgp evpn vnirequires JSON output support, or
import-rtfield values will not be listed.
- NetQ does not provide functionality to measure HER rate. This will be added in a later release.
- MTU checking to ensure jumbo frames is not provided.
export-rtchecking is not enforced.
- Cumulus NetQ 1.3 does not support measuring excessive MAC moves.
To upgrade, NetQ, read the user guide.
You can read the technical documentation here.
Issues Fixed in Cumulus NetQ 1.3.0
The following is a list of issues fixed in Cumulus NetQ 1.3.0 from earlier versions of Cumulus NetQ.
Known Issues in Cumulus NetQ 1.3.0
Issues are categorized for easy review. Some issues are fixed but will be available in a later release.