This article outlines the release version numbering structure, and support policies, for:
- Cumulus NetQ 2.1
- Cumulus NetQ 1.4
The Cumulus NetQ Platform and NetQ Agent installation file names include a version number, in the form of x.y.z-TAG.
- x represents the major release version number. An increased major release version means that the release may include:
- New functionality within the existing market.
- New market entries.
- Major positioning changes.
- A significant engineering rebase.
- y represents the minor release version number. An increased minor release version means that the release may include:
- New hardware platforms.
- New features within the existing market.
- Bug fixes.
- Security updates.
- z represents the maintenance release version number. An increased maintenance release version may include:
- Feature improvements.
- Bug fixes and updates.
- Security updates.
- TAG represents a timestamp when the version was released.
This number corresponds to the release version of the software. For example, a release version of 2.1.1-cl3u15~1556708011.1d93892 would be a maintenance release of Cumulus NetQ 2.1.
Release, Support Lifecycle and Support Policy
From Cumulus NetQ 2.1 onwards, support is included as part of the subscription. Customers may purchase a one year, three year, or five year subscription. Pricing varies according to the size of the NIC (either 1G or 10G+ and above), but all include unlimited hosts. The subscription model enables customers to upgrade the software as updates and new versions become available, for the period of the subscription.
The following diagram illustrates the release version and support relationship.
Customers running NetQ 1.4.x and earlier, can continue to use their current license until their support expires. These customers have the option to transfer their existing license to the subscription license where they will receive the new NetQ 2.1 software, all the support, and upgrades for the next five years for free. Alternately, these customers can continue to use NetQ 1.4 and deploy NetQ 2.1 at the same time with the new subscription license.
Product End of Life
Currently, there are no end of life plans for Cumulus NetQ 1.x or 2.x.
For information regarding upgrading from previous Cumulus NetQ releases, refer to the Cumulus NetQ Deployment Guide.