These release notes support the Cumulus NetQ 2.4.0 and 2.4.1 releases, and describe currently available features and known issues.
Stay up to Date
- Please sign in and click Follow above so you can receive a notification when we update these release notes.
- Subscribe to our product bulletin mailing list to receive important announcements and updates about issues that arise in our products.
- Subscribe to our security announcement mailing list to receive alerts whenever we update our software for security issues.
What's New in Cumulus NetQ 2.4
Cumulus NetQ 2.4 extends its visibility into network-wide and device issues, and makes deployment easier. Moving to this release requires a fresh installation; however, you can backup and restore data from prior versions. You can upgrade from NetQ 2.4.0 to 2.4.1.
Cumulus NetQ 2.4.1 is a maintenance release that includes the following new features and improvements that enable you to:
- Select multiple network snapshots for viewing or deletion
- Manage table data in full-screen NetQ UI cards using pagination and a modified filtering mechanism
- Manage threshold crossing alerts (TCAs) through NetQ UI
- Restore master server using Admin UI
- Add more than two worker nodes to your server cluster using Admin UI
- Specify a proxy during NetQ Platform or Appliance provisioning
- Set a CPU usage threshold for NetQ Agents
- Track MAC address history in the network using
netq show mac-historycommand
Cumulus NetQ 2.4.0 includes the following new features and improvements:
- NetQ server clustering that provides high availability and 24x7 manageability
- A push-button NetQ installation UI that makes the deployment of NetQ easy
- What Just Happened (WJH) that provides visibility into network problems with real-time telemetry data for Mellanox switches
- Threshold Crossing Alerts (TCAs) that allow detection and prevention of network failures for selected interface, utilization, and sensor events
- Fast lookup memory table (TCAM) monitoring that enables detection of critical resource depletion
- Early detection of the hardware issues by monitoring the sensors on Mellanox SN2700 and SN2410 platforms
- Show or hide events on the topology diagram
- Miscellaneous improvements in card displays in NetQ UI
- Ubuntu 18.04 deployed as base OS for NetQ appliances
Cumulus NetQ 2.4 is available on a subscription basis as part of your support contract. For details, refer to the Cumulus NetQ Versioning and Support Policy or the Cumulus NetQ Cloud Versioning and Support Policy.
Install Version 2.4
Whether you are installing Cumulus NetQ 2.4 for the first time or moving from an earlier version, follow the steps in the Cumulus NetQ Deployment Guide.
The Cumulus NetQ user documentation is available online at docs.cumulusnetworks.com. You are able to provide feedback with corrections and suggestions there. This documentation is updated at every release, and periodically with corrections. Note that an updated UI User Guide may not be available for up to five days after a release. All other documents are generally available at the time of a release.
Open and Fixed Issues in Cumulus NetQ 2.4
|December 18, 2019||2.4.0 release|
|February 12, 2020||2.4.1 release|